starting strength gym

Thread: DL form check please

Default DL form check please

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Appreciate any feedback.

DL 390x5 (1.28.21) - YouTube

These are pretty nice. Set your back harder and keep it flat. You're getting more rounded off the ground as the set progresses.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    These are pretty nice. Set your back harder and keep it flat. You're getting more rounded off the ground as the set progresses.
    Thanks Andrew. I tried 385 the following week. A little better but do you think I should back off 10-15% or so at this point to correct it or keep trying this weight?

Get your eyes up and out further. The chest tends to follow the eyes, so when you stare straight down and your chest points at the floor for the entire rep, you're going to have a tougher time keeping the back flat.
    You could also do with getting more slack out of the bar before you pull it when you set the back. You should feel like your arms want to pull from the shoulders because you've lifted the chest so hard to set the back. On a light enough warm-up the bar may actually float off the ground just from setting the back.
    Tweak those two things and you should be able to march forward. This is moving fast otherwise.