starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check 2/11/21

Default Squat form check 2/11/21

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have had some dull pain in my upper knee on a previous NLP in 2019 (when the weight got to 275 and above). Got busy and ended up bailing on the program.

Restarted an NLP in January 2021. This is 250x5 (first video) and 255x5 (second video).

Using Tubow on warmups and first working set to ensure my knees are traveling too far forward and condition "setting my knees", which I think was my problem last NLP.

I am feeling a VERY FAINT onset of this pain again, and so am requesting a form check in to see if anything needs adjusted. Thanks!

2 7 21 2 - YouTube

2 11 21 3 - YouTube

If you're feeling your knees, you need to sit back more with a more horizontal back angle.

Thanks for responding Rip. I’ve been working on sitting back. Did my back appear too vertical in either of my videos.

Not a coach, but sometimes it can look almost the same on film but feel totally different. Really shove your ass back and doing that helps lots of pain points for me. RIP's article on understanding the master cue made me realize that I was attempting to keep the bar over the wrong point. Not sure what exactly in there triggered that thought, but it's worth a read if you've already read the book and need more guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff87 View Post
    Thanks for responding Rip. I’ve been working on sitting back. Did my back appear too vertical in either of my videos.
    Yes, a little, and your knees are forward a little as a result.

thanks

Aside from knees shooting forward a bit at the bottom on rep 1 of side angle (and knocking over the TUBOW)...are these any better?

2.13.21 - YouTube

2.13.21 1 - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    A little better.