starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - 315lbs

Default Squat Form Check - 315lbs

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Started TX method 4 weeks ago at 300lbs after a couple deloads & re-attempts at continuing LP. This is week four intensity day at the 315 x 5 milestone. Somewhat janky lean on rep 4 and a very sticky rep 5 coming out of the hole. Thanks for the form check.

Squat 315lb - YouTube

Your hip thrust forward before each rep isn't doing you any favors, especially for setting up a nice initial lean. Try and get rid of that, lean over, and stay in your hips on the way up.
    Last edited by Hayden-William Courtland; 02-22-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Fixed depth comment

Thanks Hayden. Yeah - I hadn't taken a video of my squat in quite a while. I didn't even realize I was doing that hip thrust until I watched it - it's a bad habit formed of an attempt some time ago to correct too much lumbar extension at the beginning of my squat.

On the stay in your hips comment - is that confirmation that you think I am staying in my hips or that I need to maintain my back angle a bit longer on the way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shugart View Post
    On the stay in your hips comment - is that confirmation that you think I am staying in my hips or that I need to maintain my back angle a bit longer on the way up?
    Just a reminder. Overall you are in your hips, but you might be coming out of them a bit early in some reps, like rep 4. It's minor, just keep an eye on it.

Great. Thank you!