Default Squat form check - bar tilting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys and gals,

Link:
    squat bar tilt - YouTube

Numbers:
    I'm 24, 210lbs 5'9. My squat today was 260lbs, restarted NLP about 10 days ago after a break due to equipment shipping delays.

The Problem:
    I found that the bar is tilting to my right side. This tilt is more pronounced in lighter loads.
    Today, I also noticed that my squat stance is slightly staggered, the right leg settles slightly behind the left one naturally (I did correct this as soon as I saw it).

History:
    When I was working out in a gym two years ago, others pointed this out to me and I switched to high bar based on some "bro science".
    One year ago, I started squatting low bar again, and my left shoulder used to hurt a lot, most likely because of an unstable bar position.
    As of now, the left shoulder (the one that is inclined up in the video) is stiffer than the right one, but I do the horn stretch, and can get the bar down low.

Thanks for reading this, do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue? Furthermore, is the tilt bad enough to cause injuries in the long term?

What does your squat look like from behind if you don't stagger your stance? That would be a good video to see.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Hi coach, so the link contains two warmups from behind followed by three working sets.
    In the two warmups, I'm quite certain that my stance wasn't staggered

They all look staggered with the left foot forward to me.

If they're not staggered, then it appears that you have a left shin that is longer than your right. But as I said, it looks staggered to me.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

Here is the link from today's workout, 5lbs heavier and I also paid attention to the feet this time. I think they are in a straight line now? The bar is still tilted right side down, left side up.

squat form check2 - YouTube

Please note that this video has a tilt with right side down (previous one had left side down). The previous video was laterally inverted due to a "feature" in my phone that I have now disabled.
    Please go by this video, as it represents what someone will see from behind me.
    To recap, my left shoulder is noticeably more tight as compared to my right shoulder, and without stretching it well, I can't get the bar low enough. Other than that, I don't have any known problems anatomically.

You probably have a light leg length discrepancy, and the bar is tilted slightly, who knows what direction. Point your toes out a little more. But there is not terribly wrong with this squat, except that it is about 200 pounds too light.

Thanks Mark, working on getting it up. Based on my height and weight above, should I still be eating at a calorific surplus to get it up to 400?
    Or will eating to maintain current weight also get me there?
    Serious question, not trolling you.

I know you didn't ask me, but I believe you'll need a caloric surplus.

Thanks Andrew, will eat more now

starting strength coach development program
    My pleasure. Have fun.