starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing good.
    I'm 22 years old and 194 pounds. This is my DL.

Already posted twice here with DLs, and I've been trying to focus on the pointers I was given, regarding grip width and doing the steps separately so I don't get the habit of doing everything at once with light weights.
    Anything else I should correct and focus on?

Thank you very much, as always.

Be more deliberate with setting your back into extension - big breath, push belly between your thighs (without dropping your hips), drag bar up your legs.

It looks like your holding your valsalva in your face and mouth (you have puffed cheeks), it should be a forced exhale against a closed glottis not against closed lips.

I see. I notice I drop my hips on some reps, that should help me adres that.
    Thank you

What height is the bar off the ground? I see you've bolstered the plates because they aren't the proper diameter, but the bar should be about 8.5-9 inches off the ground for the setup to work the way we prescribe.

I will measure it tomorrow, when I'm back in the gym. Equipment is pretty scarce and worn out and as you can see, the bar is not even an olympic one, which might also help explain the height.