starting strength gym

Thread: Low bar squat issue

Default Low bar squat issue

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I've always done high bar squats and just recently strained my groin. I've also had knee issues over the last 6 months so I've decided to try and switch to the low bar squat. High bar was 315 before injury.

Now I'm probably thick but I've sent hours trying to get the bar into the correct position but no matter what I try the bar will not keep still on my back. I have read the book numerous times. I've watched countless videos and still I cannot get this right. I'm also feeling alot of strain up my arms when holding the bar into position.

I have moved the bar in every possible position on my back, adjusted my grip and elbow positioning. Adjusting my back angle. What am I doing wrong here? The bar is attempting to scoot in all different directions while completing the reps.

For what it's worth, I am placing the bar literally just under the bony part of my scapular.

Sounds like a problem no one else has ever had before. If only we could see you squat, we might be able to analyze the problem and help you with some advice. But we can't see it, because we are not there. If only someone could come up with some way for people who are not there to be able to see what's going on there, we might be able to help.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to see his squat without being there while he's doing it? This could be a really important development if someone very clever figures this out. It might help a lot of people. I can see many other applications for this solution, if someone can figure it out.

what if OP posts a video ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    what if OP posts a video ?
    Hey! That's quite an innovative idea. How can he do that?

well, idk,
    I've heard of some folk using their cell phone which I hear come with a feature , or app????, and you set it where it can capture your movements(no, not the toilet),
    are there any specific guidelines, or angles, that make such a video more advantageous to be able to see what's going on ?

or OP could hire Ron Howard or the like and , , , ,

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sounds like a problem no one else has ever had before. If only we could see you squat, we might be able to analyze the problem and help you with some advice. But we can't see it, because we are not there. If only someone could come up with some way for people who are not there to be able to see what's going on there, we might be able to help.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to see his squat without being there while he's doing it? This could be a really important development if someone very clever figures this out. It might help a lot of people. I can see many other applications for this solution, if someone can figure it out.
    My sarcasm detector just exploded