starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift and Power Clean Check

Default Deadlift and Power Clean Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I know these are filmed from the wrong angle. I will film from the front quarter and from higher up next time.

My back looks real horizontal to me, and I think my shoulders are too far out in front of the bar when I start pulling.

On the deadlift my lower back control starts out bad, and gets worse with each rep.

Am I keeping my hips too high?

Any better?

Deadlift looks pretty good overall, but a few things:
    1) Try not to pull your head/neck up when you squeeze. Keep them neutral and just pull your chest up to flatten your back.
    2) As you squeeze your back you tend to drop your hips a touch and shift/rock your body backwards about your heels creating vertical shins and moving the bar behind mid foot. Once you get your setup, don't move from it.
    3) Knees are sometimes not moving back enough out of the way of the bar as it passes them on the way up.

Thanks Hayden. Some things to think about. I'm going to post my next power clean video here as well if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

Well these look like shit.

Also, forgive me for doing a fourth rep. That third rep was so shitty I had to try again.

starting strength coach development program
    The wrenching of your head up applies here as well as in the DL. No head and neck as you squeeze your back. Make sure your balance is on mid foot as you set up each time. You are a bit on your toes for some of these reps. You also aren't getting your knees back as you pull which is causing the bar to swing away and pull you forward even more. Slow down the pull off the ground until you get to your knees. Finally, think of extending (jumping) up with your hips, not forward. Get tall.