starting strength gym

Thread: Press Form Check

Default Press Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, 145 on the bar, 5x5 on my volume day (Texas Method)
    tried double Layback for the first time, how does it look ?

6 ?????? 2021 - YouTube

Your initial hip movement needs to be tighter and smoother. Squeeze your abs and knees.

You also need to finish the first layback by letting it fully rebound, and then initiating the second layback. Right now, you're cutting off the rebound of the first layback.

Your stance also needs to be in line. It looks like your right foot is about an inch in front of your left foot. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but when everything in your field of view is square, you believe you are as well and you'll move the bar accordingly.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

My understanding is that the double layback should happen naturally as you get stronger and the weight gets heavier. I don't think the book mentions it anywhere as an intentional movement.

Just because something happens naturally initially doesn't mean we can't make it more efficient with deliberate control. A good double layback has to be controlled and practiced if you want to do it with heavier and heavier weights.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com