starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift grip

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    LOL I’m not sure it’s the same, but I appreciate the input and your lack of concern for my wallet.
    Look Nock, if you've got the space and budget, this is a good excuse to expand your bar collection, like new power-tools for home improvement projects.

Or maybe it's more like adding another nice bottle of bourbon or two to the shelf.

Yet, in hindsight, I see this is mostly about me. Like you, I've considered getting a narrower bar for deadlifts, for the proprioceptive advantage (you won't pull what you can't grip). But I don't have space for another bar in my gunrack. I'm kicking myself for getting the 3-bar version, when I could've had the 5-bar for a smidge more. At the time, five bars seemed forever excessive.

Perhaps I'm suffering from bar greed.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Going to an easier grip with the bar is not "cheating," but adding straps for the sets you can't handle is?
    I’m not sure Steph, hence the question mark. I use straps for back offs anyway. Got to say I really prefer not to use them, it’s a kinaesthetic thing as I just prefer the more solids feel of hand against steel than a spongey straps. However, if it’s an option I’m going to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Look Nock, if you've got the space and budget, this is a good excuse to expand your bar collection, like new power-tools for home improvement projects.

Or maybe it's more like adding another nice bottle of bourbon or two to the shelf.

Yet, in hindsight, I see this is mostly about me. Like you, I've considered getting a narrower bar for deadlifts, for the proprioceptive advantage (you won't pull what you can't grip). But I don't have space for another bar in my gunrack. I'm kicking myself for getting the 3-bar version, when I could've had the 5-bar for a smidge more. At the time, five bars seemed forever excessive.

Perhaps I'm suffering from bar greed.
    It’s gear greed. I’m more of a skinflint these days. Although, it’s hard for me to get out of a tool store without something ‘I just need’.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    ...It’s gear greed...
    This might be.

I will take it to the Lord.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    This might be.

I will take it to the Lord.
    Pray for forgiveness, well, or/and some extra barbells for your rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12