starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form check

Default Squat Form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey again!

I switch my sets to 3x5's this week, which is why only 3 reps are shown in the video.

April 16, 2021 - YouTube

This is the second day of my fifth week on the SS program. One week ago I had a burning pain at the top of my right adductor, in the groin area that later radiated down my inner thigh. The pain would peak driving up from the bottom to the point I felt myself trying to compensate with my left leg. The pain is most intense at the top of my inner thigh. I decreased the workout increases to 5 pounds per workout (was able to do 10 for the first several until this pain/it was time to back off anyway). In between lift days I would go through the warm up sets of squats to play around with stance and I figured performing the squat was going to be better than doing nothing.

Thoughts on both form/pain?
    Thanks again!

Did you narrow the stance for the adductor pull, or is this your normal stance?

Narrowed it since the pain began.

I also realized the view is shitty and my feet are not seen. I lift again Sunday and will correct my lack of recording skills.

Here's my squat from today, hopefully the view is better. The adductor pain started interfering today. Gets worse as the weight goes up. I tried widening up my stance a bit more today for warm up and work sets. I prefer this stance over the narrower one, but the pain is definitely more noticeable/causes enough interference that I feel forced to narrow it down. I'm working on "buying the damn shoes", they should be here next week.

April 18, 2021 - YouTube

Any advice on the adductor pain? Is there something I should be correcting with my form?

Thank you!

starting strength coach development program
    Narrow your stance, point toes straight forward, and squat. Over the next 2 weeks gradually widen and point toes back out as the weight goes up.