starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Check

Default Power Clean Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Been really trying to teach myself to do these. Started really low this time around to give me room to improve, been going up by ten pound jumps so far, doubt that'll be very doable for long. I am still doing the first part slow, I can't seem to make it work if I try to speed up the bottom portion. Eye gaze was a bit off on this set since I had to do it facing out of the rack for filming purposes, and if I had my gaze positioned normally I would've happened to be locked onto the crotch of a man sitting at a shoulder pressing machine just across from me. I was actually surprised to see the double knee bend WAS happening, I never feel like it does while I'm doing them. Any ideas on how to get the first part of the pull to speed up without me botching it?

You don't need to speed up yet, you just need to not pause before the jump. I don't know what advice to give except "stop doing that". Rep number two was by far the best, so try to amplify whatever you did differently on that one.

Wasn't really aware of anything I consciously did different for rep 2. I've been dwelling a lot on trying to "make" the knee re-bend happen, I never realized before it was just happening on its own. That might be contributing to the pause. Instead of focusing mentally on that, I'll focus on jumping the moment the bar hits the right spot on the thigh, maybe that'll get rid of it.

This is all covered in the book.

I know. I just got caught up in the re-bend phenomenon and how it didn't feel like it was actually happening. I had to take a video after my girlfriend told me it actually was.