starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form check

Default Squat Form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is my normal stance. I posted previously asking for advice (Squat Form check) on my adductor pain and have since been able to widen my stance and squat pain free.

I am not looking for cues/advice for my form. It feels good,but watching the video I wonder if my stance is too narrow. Here is the video link: April 28, 2021 - YouTube

Thank you all for taking the time to help!

This is more narrow than we recommend, but a more narrow stance as Rip suggested in the thread. Have you started to widen it a bit over time to see how it feels?

Just read my first post and I apologize for the wording error. I *AM* looking for cues and advice on my form.

Anyway, this is how I was squatting prior to the injury. I feel like my heels are shoulder width, but i will widen my stance tomorrow. I also see my knees start to straighten too early, am I seeing that right or does that look ok?

Thank you!

Nt sure what you mean by knees start to straighten too early. You are sliding forward a bit in the bottom, but the stance can make a lot of other things happen that wouldn't normally, so I would get that to a point where it is a bit wider and then let's see how things look. At the very least your depth should become more consistent.