starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - how to fix good mornings...

Default Squat form check - how to fix good mornings...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So our gyms are reopened and I restarted my LP (I was able to do 3 months last year). When doing squats above 60kg I face, like last year, problem with good mornings. Squatting shoes didn't help. It's super frustrating since my bench is stronger than clean squat w/o good morning....
    60kg - YouTube
    I'm looking on the floor, 1 meter from my feet. I saw that I change my head's angle while squatting, I did try to fix it but it seems that it's more result of good morning not the cause.
    I did some mobility checks for squats and apparently I've got long Femurs with tight hamstrings: on straight legs I can reach only half of my Fibula with my finger tips.
    I know that you can't see it on video angle, but stance is ok and I shove knees out
    Unfortunately tip to push chest out doesn't help me. So far I was able to notice that looking forward helps, I think that it keeps my chest up, but it feels like it kills hip drive in the process

Have you watched any of our many videos about squat technique? Also: Required reading before posting