starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st timer deadlift check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In my opinion as a Not Coach, these look pretty good!

Make sure you stand up straight in between reps, on some you were leaning forward a little at the top.

And watch your hips. You had a a few reps where you can see the plates rolling forward on the floor, indicating that you're dropping your hips slightly (pushing the bar forward with your shins).

He's not dropping his hips this time, but the bar is rolling forward because his shoulders are too far in front of the bar.

These are an improvement, but you need to shift your weight back a little before you pull.

As for the nose bleed, I'm not sure. I don't think that's indicative of anything but a dry environment, but I've never seen this happen before.

How many times has this happened before?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thank you! I noticed the bar rolling on the video, but I wasn't sure why it was happening. I will fix my shoulder position next time.

My nose bled once before during deadlift, a year ago at 92.5kg. I have a bit of a head cold at the moment - I think that's got something to do with it.

Being slightly concerned about my deadlift nosebleed, I did some research on Google - which put my mind at rest. It seems I'm just "hardcore".

starting strength coach development program
    You sure are, dude. You should save that video. It looks hardcore.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12