starting strength gym

Thread: DL check

Default DL check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here is my first DL form check. I've watched it in slow motion and maybe I'm dropping my hips a bit. I wonder if my back issue (spondylolysis) has subconsciously adjusted my form. I am not able to do any back extensions or my back hurts the next day.

My dream is for Rip to have a spondy expert that could talk about the subject. I do no find much about it as related to squats and DL. I have so far maxed out at 445# x1 DL and would like to continue to 500, but I dont want to destroy my back.

Deadlift 385# - YouTube
    Last edited by Matthew Spicka; 05-13-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Narrow your stance a little and push your knees out slightly at the bottom when you get set before you pull. Widen grip if necessary to allow for this. Lockout needs to be better. Hips and knees fully extended. Stand tall. Resets in between reps seems a little rushed. Get your back fully squeezed and set again before you pull again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Narrow your stance a little and push your knees out slightly at the bottom when you get set before you pull. Widen grip if necessary to allow for this. Lockout needs to be better. Hips and knees fully extended. Stand tall. Resets in between reps seems a little rushed. Get your back fully squeezed and set again before you pull again.
    Appreciate the reply. I will work on those.
    Last edited by Matthew Spicka; 05-13-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Turn off your Tapatalk sig NOW.

Dang it!

starting strength coach development program
    390# x5

Narrowed my stance a little wider grip and pushed my knees out. I think I did a good job in the warm ups maybe a bit off here but felt better. It seemed to take pressure off my lower back, which is what I need. My 5 rep max is 400#. 405 is well within reach now.

Deadlift 390# x5 - YouTube