starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is my second time asking for a form check. The first one here
    3rd set @270lbs 3rd set @270lbs - YouTube
    I was told some reps were a little too low... I dont really know if they are.

3rd set @285lbs 3rd set @285lbs - YouTube

3rd set @300lbs
    3rd set of 5reps @300lbs - YouTube

I tried to focus on coming an inch . But i feel like i may be too high on some reps.

Please see the sticky for filming guidelines going forward. Your depth is better now. Overall these (the 300lbs) look good. Some slight knee cave in the bottom of some reps and coming out of your hips a bit on the way up of others. This is clearly getting very hard now. Be careful not to run yourself into the ground.

Thank you for the feedback. As far as programming, i failed on squats last workout and just did 300Lbs over again for this last workout. I was able to get all 3 sets but yes it was very hard.

I have the read the grey book but Im not sure if I should go to a light day of squats moving forward or do a slight reset to fix some form issues.
    I just completed my 12th week of NLP with only the one failed squat workout.

I don't see any major technique issues requiring a reset, so definitely a light day squat. However, given that you failed a set and 300 was still hard you might need a bit of a deload to dissipate the stress you have accumulated. So, a reset might be in order for that reason and have the light day in there from the get go.

Thank you for taking the time to respond Hayden. Ill go ahead with that plan moving forward.