starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been following the LP for about two months and am hoping for a form check on my squat.
    One thing I notice is that at the bottom of each rep my knees will shift forward to get to depth. How can I fix this?

I'm very noob and therefore don't comment on other people's form, but just a note that your left wrist looks way out of position throughout the set, though the right wrist looks fine to my untrained eye. I've got a video of me doing the same at about the same weight you're at before developing a shitty case of tendonitis in my left elbow at ~250lbs. Don't be like me.

I’m as noob as oface so I will also let a coach give you pointers on the elbow position, but you are flirting with a heavy case of tendonitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetone View Post
    One thing I notice is that at the bottom of each rep my knees will shift forward to get to depth. How can I fix this?
    Lean over.

Look down at a spot 6 feet in front of you more horizontal back, and reach way back with the hips. Proper depth is when your hips are below your knee, so the knees moving forward actually makes that harder to achieve.

starting strength coach development program
    Start by looking down where the floor meets the wall. Keep your gaze there. Then start the descent by bending over at your hips more. Shove your knees out to the side hard from the start and then about halfway down keep your butt back.