starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Slightly more informative angle than my recent videos hopefully. Don’t think I really need a belt at this weight but really trying to nail down bracing.
    This is also about the limit of my right wrist due to ongoing shoulder problems-been working on the low bar stretch but still can’t retract my right scapula properly-I’m beginning to think that thoracic tightness is the missing piece of the puzzle for me.
    Also noticing some slight movement in my feet which seems to be a byproduct of shoving my knees out (although this has incidentally got rid of my hip flexor pain)
    If anyone else has any pointers it would be appreciated.

31 May 2021 - YouTube

Get your knees out earlier and drive your hips up more.

I would definitely work on improving your wrist and hand position as your shoulder problems allow.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thanks-right shoulder mobility is terrible, to the point where the front deltoid looks (or is) underdeveloped.
    As for knees out sooner, I thought I was shoving them out hard and fast but there’s still room for improvement?

They're not getting forward all the way on a few reps, so you're on your heels at the bottom. You could bend over just a little more too.

These are pretty good squats though so I'm kind of nit picking.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com