starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My elbows are hurting a lot from the pull and also the drop. From my eye it looks like I've picked up an arm pull now that the weight is heavy (for me). Can someone confirm, or let me know of the best way to correct anything else I'm doing wrong?

5th set of 3 @145

IMG_8514.mov - Google Drive

Thanks in advance

You're immediately opening your chest to get the bar off the ground and pulling the bar around your knees. Stay out over the bar longer and break it off the ground by pushing the floor away.
    You have a little early elbow bend, but if you can get the pull off the floor fixed, and don't miss the jump position on the thigh, it may sort it out.

Alright Pete...

Gave it another shot again this week, dropped the weight down 10 lbs. I'm having the same issue even though I was thinking about pushing the floor away with my legs. Any ideas how to get this fixed? Damn it, it's frustrating. Any help appreciated, thanks.

IMG_8537.mov - Google Drive

You keep futzing around in the bottom and moving the bar. The setup for the power clean is the same as the deadlift, except the hips will be a bit higher with the wider grip.
    Revisit the deadlift setup if you need a reminder.
    Turn around on the platform and fix your eyes about 15 feet out so you're not tempted to look in the mirror.

"Hang out" over the bar as long as you can.
    Keep the chest pointed at the ground longer.
    Think about pulling your knees back at the start.
    Keep your shoulders in front of the bar at the start.
    See if any of those help.

Thanks for the tips Pete. I think I got a better feel for staying out over the bar. But I still feel like im arm pulling it. Any thoughts on this week's lasr set of 3?

IMG_8563.mov - Google Drive

Thanks again for all your time!