starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat form check: non vertical bar path during descent

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think you've misunderstood me, I did read the article as soon as you did reply with the link under "This is why". I'm ok with internet skills
    it you think that article is enough don't make video

Quote Originally Posted by tomasz_c View Post
    I think you've misunderstood me, I did read the article as soon as you did reply with the link under "This is why". I'm ok with internet skills
    I think the language differences are causing some miscommunication.

Not all concepts fit every media. The video I did on not fidgeting worked as a video because there are visual components that have to be seen in motion. There are also auditory cues that have to be seen in real time to get a good idea of how to use the method. I could have written an article saying "before they set up, tell them 'move as little as possible.' Don't tell them 'stop fidgeting' because it won't work," but it's more clear when you see it in real time.

Explaining center of mass would not work as well in video unless it were a slide deck with free body diagrams and narration over it. But a slide deck with narration over it is essentially just a converted form of an article with pictures, so it doesn't really add much, except that the viewer doesn't have to read.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasz_c View Post
    The fact that we already made several videos seems to be getting lost here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12