starting strength gym

Thread: I detrained

Default I detrained

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    https://streamable.com/j71m9j

Hello forum! I have detrained and I'd like to take this fresh start to make sure I'm correct before I try to go heavy again.
    Some of my immediate criticisms are that I need to set my knees and be wary of knee slide and I think my elbows are high during the ascension of the squat. Do you see anything I don't?

When I was training last, I was feeling pain in my left forearm during my squats. I think it was because I would raise my elbows to high and would transmit some force into my arm. Obviously, I would like to avoid that.

That's all. Thanks in advance!

Some weight on the bar will help next time. An empty bar isn't very useful for determining a great deal most of the time.

Narrow your stance up so your heels are under your shoulders.
    Your elbows are definitely cranked up. This is related to the upper back being rounded. Lift your chest before each rep and pull the elbows down. They only need to be up enough to trap the bar on your back.
    Rather than throw your chest at the ground, send your hips back and bend over at the waist. More hip emphasis on the way up from the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Some weight on the bar will help next time. An empty bar isn't very useful for determining a great deal most of the time.

Narrow your stance up so your heels are under your shoulders.
    Your elbows are definitely cranked up. This is related to the upper back being rounded. Lift your chest before each rep and pull the elbows down. They only need to be up enough to trap the bar on your back.
    Rather than throw your chest at the ground, send your hips back and bend over at the waist. More hip emphasis on the way up from the bottom.
    Got it. Thank you brother!