starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been battling with correct squat form for the past 2 years or so. I just kept the weight light and kept trying to get the technique down to no avail. Eventually I got tired of trying to perfect it, and started the NLP program about a month and a half ago. As of today i have a groin/hip pinch injury. No idea what it is, but it kills at the bottom of the squat in anterior groin/hip area. Also hurts (maybe even more) at the beginning of the pull on deadlift. Went from 185ish to 260 lbs on squat. Some days it feels really good like I nailed the form. Other days it feels like i forgot everything I know and its the first time I am squatting. There is zero consistency. I am beyond frustrated. I tried to sign up for a Squat/Deadlift seminar up in CT, but couldnt make it. Waiting for them to have another one.

Also, today I deloaded and did sets of 235. Groin still hurt like hell at the bottom, but then a threw on a hip circle and that seemed to alleviate the pain, so I am guessing that my knees are tracking in slightly on the way up. I am posting 3 videos from my last workout. A warmup and 2 of the working sets. Form is still ugly, please help.

Warmup: Squat Warmup - YouTube

Workset 1:Squat1 - YouTube

Workset 2: Squat2 - YouTube

The squats look fine, albeit slow and tentative, presumably due to the hip pain. Get it checked out. Try the Managing Injuries Thread