starting strength gym

Thread: squat check

Default squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    57yrs, 91kg (200lbs). My squat is lagging behind my other lifts because I time-wasted like a fool by being too scared to add weight when I should have. Now I'm manning up a bit and would appreciate some feedback on form.

This is 112.5kg. Will move to 115kg on Sunday all being well.

Have to admit, these leave me breathless.

First, get the bar in the right spot. its too high on your back. Keep your eyes on a spot on the floor 3-5 feet in front of you and do not look at the mirror at any point during the set. narrow the stance about a half inch on each side

Thank you, Ryan - especially for noticing the misplaced bar. I can't believe I had something so basic so wrong for so long. The mirrors do annoy me. They're everywhere. I don't know why my gym loves them so much.

Here's a follow-up with 115kg. I hope I've got the bar in the right place this time. It feels right - below the spine of the scapula - but I don't know. I can see my knees are sliding too far forward - does that mean I need to push my backside further back? 4th rep is pretty sketchy.

I'm going to try to book a couple of hours with Carl soon, but any tips to keep me going until that time will be much appreciated.