starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to watch. This is mid rep in my set.
    I have already fixed the neck angle issue.

I will try to do this but I had to condense the video or else my phone wouldn't send it. I don't have a way to send a video more than 10 seconds or so that has any sort quality.

Then you don't have a way to send a form check.

As I said on the other thread, your back is not tight enough. Maybe you’re not literally jerking the bar off the floor, but the time between you getting into the pulling position, setting your back, and then pulling is so short that you may as well be.

You need to get into position and shove your chest up, hard, without dropping your hips. Pull the “click” out of the bar (listen for the sleeves to hit the bar). Then use the bar as leverage to drive your heels into the floor. This will get your leg drive in gear.

Try a belt. A good tip I got once was to set your belt as tight as it goes and then back off one notch. That give your the tightness needed to squeeze your abs without suffocating you at the bottom.

If you post another video, put the camera at a 45 degree angle in front of you so we can see your stance width.
    Last edited by Eric Schexnayder; 07-12-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    As I said on the other thread, your back is not tight enough. Maybe you’re not literally jerking the bar off the floor, but the time between you getting into the pulling position, setting your back, and then pulling is so short that you may as well be.

You need to get into position and shove your chest up, hard, without stopping your hips. Pull the “click” out of the bar (listen for the sleeves to hit the bar). Then use the bar as leverage to drive your heels into the floor. This will get your leg drive in gear.

Try a belt. A good tip I got once was to set your belt as tight as it goes and then back off one notch. That give your the tightness needed to squeeze your abs without suffocating you at the bottom.

If you post another video, put the camera at a 45 degree angle in front of you so we can see your stance width.

This makes a lot of sense. I will try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Then you don't have a way to send a form check.
    I will see if I can get a friend with better tech capabilities to help me out with it.

starting strength coach development program
    Make sure the phone isn't recording in 4K. 720 is sufficient. Then upload to YouTube like you did. Shouldn't be an issue with the YouTube link to the forum. Not sure where you're having tech trouble.