starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deadlift stuck. looking for reasons.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by therussianrocket View Post
    Sorry man, nothing came out the way I was hoping to. I just taught someone how to squat to a chair without weights as exercise. I am hoping never to be in that situation. Heard Dr Sullivan on podcast promoting the book which I already bought and it was pretty much about rehabbing the elderly, at least the part I heard. I am not there yet. I don't study pregnancy for example in depth for same reason, does not apply.
    As for short sentences, yes, I am a bit frustrated trying to find answers. Plenty of free info that's true I just can't find my answers. Read the blue book again, will jump on practical programming asap. Problem is I missed some reps on deadlift way too early. 350 I would't mind but under 300? Didn't see it coming. Maybe I am circling the drain faster than I thought.
    He's not terribly bright. Not everybody understands. You're wasting time with him.

What does your outside the gym activity look like? My back takes a beating every day at my job, there's no way in hell I could pull multiple times a week. I am 55 but I think persons of any age would be hard pressed to do that in a similar situation. The only thing I can think, and it's been mentioned already, is to reduce your deadlift frequency. Once you get behind on recovery it's hard to catch up. If that's not the issue then I don't know.

Sorry man, nothing came out the way I was hoping to. I just taught someone how to squat to a chair without weights as exercise. I am hoping never to be in that situation. Heard Dr Sullivan on podcast promoting the book which I already bought and it was pretty much about rehabbing the elderly, at least the part I heard. I am not there yet. I don't study pregnancy for example in depth for same reason, does not apply.
    You continue to misrepresent a book that you refuse to read. That's on you.

As for short sentences, yes, I am a bit frustrated trying to find answers. Plenty of free info that's true I just can't find my answers.
    Maybe try this next time? Starting Strength Online Coaching:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He's not terribly bright. Not everybody understands. You're wasting time with him.
    I know. I couldn't let it slide though.

I am 47 years old and bought The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training for Life After 40 shortly after I turned 45. It's been a great resource for me; one I never took to be aimed only at the elderly and decrepit, but for most anyone over 40 years old, as the subtitle states.

I stopped pulling deads every session a LONG time ago. Even under the NLP for younger folks, per the blue book, deadlifts should be moved to alternating workouts "after the first couple weeks" ... and some may end up "dropping the deadlift frequency to every fifth workout." Again, that's the blue book, not the gray one, that I am quoting from (under the "Programming" section). As an intermediate lifter now approaching my late 40s, I now deadlift once a week, undulating volume and intensity.

Rip wrote big books. I wish he was more generous here instead of short one sentence replies.
    He's very generous with his replies, after you've done your research and work. Otherwise, pay the man for his time. Here's a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    You continue to misrepresent a book that you refuse to read. That's on you.
    Perhaps he identifies as illiterate, too.

Thanks for this post, OP. I haven't laughed this hard at a forum thread in a long time.

Contact Dr. Sullivan and become an online client at least for a while. He's my coach and I'm not checking out.

starting strength coach development program
    this is why I was panicking. But now since I reduced frequency I moved on just fine. Rips 2 word queue worked like magic. I accepted the fact I am older and adjusted frequency.
    Added clean and moving on. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12