starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    36 years, 5'5.5", 75kg body weight. I started the NLP last month and I am at 107.5kg for squats, 125kg deadlift, 52.5kg for bench and 45kg for OHP.
    Here are my squats, last work set
    Squats- 107kg: form check - YouTube
    Thank you in advance.

Try and get a belt that is uniformly wide across its length. In terms of technique, shove your knees out harder from the start to help insure you hit your depth. As you descend you aren't leaning over quite enough at your hips and are instead sitting back and down which causes knee slide in the bottom. Lean a bit more at the start and then lock your knees in place around halfway down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden-William Courtland View Post
    Try and get a belt that is uniformly wide across its length. In terms of technique, shove your knees out harder from the start to help insure you hit your depth. As you descend you aren't leaning over quite enough at your hips and are instead sitting back and down which causes knee slide in the bottom. Lean a bit more at the start and then lock your knees in place around halfway down.
    Thank you for the detailed reply.
    1. I will try and get a custom belt made. I am based in India and it is difficult to get the starting strength belt here. Only 4" wide ones and they are uncomfortable to me. The holes are too far apart too.
    2. Should I start shoving my knees out while descending itself?
    3. I will lean more. Maybe, shoving the knees out will help too.
    I will work on the suggestions and will post back the recordings once I am satisfied that I have made sufficient corrections. Thank you for analyzing my form.

If the belt is too big and uncomfortable, you definitely need to sort that out or it will start affecting your form.

Yes, shove your knees out right from the start.

I did take care of the belt situation. Got this made locally with leather. Buckle from previous cheap belt. Its 3" wide. Cost me a total of Rs 2000 (~$27)

Belt_back.jpg
    Belt_back.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    I tried the corrections. It might look exactly the same but I am trying to push the knees out. This is with 115kg.

Squats after attempting the "knees out" starting strength correction - YouTube

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk