starting strength gym

Thread: power clean form check

Default power clean form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, power clean - YouTube here is the link for the video. This is 55kg, body weight of 94kg.
    I looked at CommanderFun's post, and I think I am making the same mistake as him (correct me if that's not his pronoun ), and stopping at the jumping point.
    Mark told him to brush past and jump in one smooth motion, will keep that in mind.
    This is in-fact my third time doing the power clean, and I don't have access to an SS coach. So, there may be a ton of mistakes, please give me the full list .

Slow the pull off the ground and keep the bar in contact with your legs. Stay out over the bar longer than you would for the deadlift.
    When you smooth out brushing the jumping position, you can start to speed up off the ground.
    Jump harder.

Thanks Pete! Will start slower. Do you mean that I should be more bent over right before the jump as well, or just when the bar is below the knees?
    Also, the bar seems to be in contact in the video, right?

I mean, keep your chest pointed at the ground longer than you think you need to. It'll become more apparent what I mean when you slow the pull off the ground.
    It looks like it comes off your legs briefly and then comes back when you pull it back to the jump position.

Okay, thanks! Nipples to the floor it is