starting strength gym

Thread: Tilted Bench Press

Question Tilted Bench Press

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Rip and everyone at SS,

I have recently noticed an issue with my bench press where the bar is tilted. It seems to me that the tilt becomes worse at lockout, but I could be over analyzing. I did close grip bench today and still experienced the same issue. I have a few ideas as to what could be causing this, uneven scapular retraction, elbow flaring differences, body twisting, and maybe even arm length discrepancy, but I am still looking for knowledge and help, so I figured I would ask the experts. I know this angle is not the recommended angle for bench form checks, but it is all I had from my previous training session. I also have a video from the same angle of today's close grip bench if that could help. If needed I can film from the preferred angle next time I train my bench. I have other videos from different angles, but they were filmed a while ago so I do not think they would be as relevant. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to better assist you.

Thanks,
    Kempton

Could be any number of things you mentioned, including not setting up centered on the bench.
    If it's not causing you pain and not hindering your progress, and you're conforming to the model of the lift otherwise, I don't know that I'd stress about it. It's pretty slight from what I can tell.

Make he could finish locking out his right elbow.