starting strength gym

Thread: No squat progress in 18 months. Any hints?

Default No squat progress in 18 months. Any hints?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here's a 155 kg triple. My squat has been glued to 180 since forever. I recently benched 145 for a triple - I'm quite embarrassed to think that, should this go on, I'll be benching more than I squat.

Login • Instagram

Maybe we should make a video on squat technique. I'll have to give this some thought.

We don't review videos from instagram. Have you checked out the programming sub-forum?

Well i'm no coach, a novice, absolute beginner, it's not my business giving advice here but it seems to me that you're not bending over at all ...

All the gear and no idea?

starting strength coach development program
    If it's been a whopping 18 months of stagnation I strongly encourage you to look up Einstein's definition of insanity.

I'm by no means an expert but there are quite a few things clearly off about your form - your knees are caving in, your back is too vertical, the bar isn't low enough on your back, your feet need to be pointed outward more, and you need to be looking down instead of up/straight ahead. Watch the videos on youtube!

You also should read both Starting Strength and Practical Programming for Strength. I watched a couple other videos on your IG and your deadlift could use a lot of work as well, the books and youtube channel are invaluable resources for getting your form to a reasonable place before posting form checks, in which people will just tell you to read the books/watch the videos if your form is as off as it currently is.