starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Help

Default Squat Help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Can someone help identify the problem with my squat? The reason for asking is because I have continually dealt with knee and hip problems on my left side.

I had debilitating hip issues that I thought was a labral tear. I had an arthrogram done and it showed up as negative with “minor impingement.” This problem persisted from Sep 2020 - April this year. It still isn’t 100% but close. Basically, my left hip was giving out in the bottom of my squat and was causing acute pain in my groin/high hamstring region.

The only problem is I traded my hip issue with left knee pain. The very first day I felt my hip pain was gone, my knee issues started up again. Knee pain migrates from quad tendon to patellar tendinitis. Can even manifest itself on the outside of my knee near the ITB.

I’m continually dealing with this reoccurring pain so any advice is much appreciated...

July 26, 2021 - YouTube

Don't mind helping, but you need to follow all of the posting guidelines from the sticky at the top of the forum.

I know not ideal angle... I had to purge a large amount of training footage on my phone due to running out of storage and unfortunately this was the best I had.