starting strength gym

Thread: Form check on second and third squat sets.

Default Form check on second and third squat sets.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have no idea why but all of a sudden squats felt off today, I have gone from a tapered Olympic weightlifting belt to a lever belt and recording added some difficulties at it was a real pain to set up in such a cramped space. Felt like my back was over extending and my knees were all over the place. I have issues with going too low that I bounce off my calves. My back angle seems to of become more like a high bar squat out of nowhere as opposed to my nipples aimed at the floor in the bottom position. Glad I recorded when things didn't feel right.

Is my form safe? Do I keep adding weight? Not sure where to go from here. I am on week 2 of phase 1, this is my 5th workout.

Set 2 : 72.5kg
    set 2 @72 5kg - YouTube

Set 3 @ 72.5kg
    set 3 @72 5kg - YouTube

Can't really tell you much from this angle. Have you looked at the filming guidelines at the sticky up top?
    You're trying to send your ass back without getting your chest pointed toward the ground. And you're lifting your chest out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Can't really tell you much from this angle. Have you looked at the filming guidelines at the sticky up top?
    You're trying to send your ass back without getting your chest pointed toward the ground. And you're lifting your chest out of the hole.
    Unfortunately I am in a box room which is about 6.5 feet all the way around so I had to but a small rack and bar to fit the space. There is no room anywhere to get a good video apart from attaching my phone to the wall with sticky and videoing as I did.

I could only really change the rack position and take the door off. But that seems a bit crazy to video myself squatting.

Yeah and I have issues with extension of my lower back so I have been verty cautious not to and to keep my chest from rising too fast like a high bar squat. It only seems to of started happening with this new belt. I might keep the weight the same for the squat next workout and go back to the oly style belt to see if that fixes things.

Hang a mirror on the wall and film through that. That may help you get the distance and angle you need.