starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check: Squat

Question Form Check: Squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi everyone,

Having read the blue book multiple times and watched/rewatched nearly everything Rip and team have put out on YouTube, I wanted to get some feedback on my squat. I'm a novice trying to focus on technique and would appreciate any brutally-honest feedback or advice on how to improve my form. I'm also very much willing to go back and rerecord if the video quality (which I based on the pinned thread I found here, but maybe fell short on) leaves anything to be desired.

Thanks in advance for your time!

2021.10.14 Squat - YouTube

-Dima

Take a slightly wider stance (this will make it easier to keep your feet flat on the ground), lean over a touch more (remember you are trying to get the bar over mid foot from a start position that is behind) and shove your knees out a harder from the start. Also, work over time to narrow your grip while keeping your your elbows down (i.e., low bar stretches).

Thanks so much for taking a look, Hayden-William. I'll be incorporating all of your feedback into my next squat day and will try to post up a follow-up video for anyone else who might be having similar form issues.

These look a bit high to me, but since you didn't call that out I'm thinking that I'm not seeing things correctly. What do you think?

For the most part they are ok. A couple might be borderline, but I think with your wider stance this won't be an issue. Sorry for the delay in response - the week got away from me.