starting strength gym

Thread: Humerus Pain From Squat

Default Humerus Pain From Squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi all, I started getting pain from squatting in my biceps, triceps, side of my deltoid and other humerus muscles, which lasts a few hours after doing the movement. I was squatting for the past year without this issue, but took 7 weeks off, during which I read the blue book. I deloaded, began squatting again last week. This video is from two days ago (my first time using a belt). My arms got better after a few hours but not 100%.

Squat- Arm pain - YouTube

I just tried squatting again this morning and the pain came back quickly during the session. It’s debilitating and I’m unable to finish my warmup sets.

I’m not sure if the arm pain is from slightly bent wrists (my wrists had always slightly bent but never with pain like this), soreness from isometric contraction of the arm muscles, or something else. Perhaps I need to rebuild some arm muscle strength before getting back into the squat.

Please let me know if you’ve experienced this or have any insight/advice.

Thanks

Narrow your grip, and keep your elbows down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Narrow your grip, and keep your elbows down.
    Thank you for the advice. I tried that and the squat felt much better. Squat - 214 lbs - YouTube Still feeling some pain from last week but slowly going away.