starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check 245lbs

Default Deadlift form check 245lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Getting used to deadlift with belt + shoes. I did 275 without equipment but deloaded to 225 to reprogram my form with belt and shoes, here I am a couple sessions later at 245.

Hook grip first 2 reps. Switched to mixed because it started slipping on the 3rd rep anyway.

still getting used to hook. My hands might suck for it though I dunno. I probably could have pulled those two reps double overhand instead of hook grip. I've been trying to get as many hook grip reps as I can though. The session before this I had this same issue where the bar slipped after two reps of hook grip. My hands just begin to start accumulating too much sweat for me to hold onto the bar, for double overhand AND hook.

Got some sciatic pain in my left buttcheek. I'm seeing that I'm kind of being pulled towards that side a tiny bit at the start. Also I think I'm not really locking my gaze in towards the end, and my head starts turning to my left, but I think the only thing I was thinking about was how hard it felt like my legs were pushing the ground.

We can't see anything about your back in this video. Read the sticky.

Here's my two most recent deadlift sets at two different angles showing my back.

265lbs -
    Bar was kinda offset to my right after the first rep, had to shift over.
    270lbs -

Last rep I didn't feel like I really locked out.