starting strength gym

Thread: deadlift form check

Default deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am really fatigued in this video. I know that I need to work on getting my chest higher. I am someone who has to drop their hips significantly to keep the lower back neutral. Sometimes I still feel like I am primarily lifting with my lower back: it remains hard for me to feel like I am "pulling through the hips."

Maybe I need to set up with even more hamstring tension then drop my hips even more?

Is this looking safe?? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

deadlift form check - YouTube

Yes chest up harder. Remember the bottom position is supposed to be uncomfortable. Show your nipples to the wall in front of you

Thanks Ryan. Trying to shore up form deficits before I go full-on heavy this winter. I'll probably reply next week with another video. Do you think I should drop my hips a little lower as well to create a more neutral lower back? I feel like on setup I am rounding a bit, but when I start pulling my back basically flattens.

No, there are various things to try before considering artificially lowering the hips. Try to get the chest up harder on its own. Angling the toes and knees out slightly more in the setup can help as well, although I could not tell from your vid what your stance looks like.