starting strength gym

Thread: Long femured lifter from Sweden need help!

Default Long femured lifter from Sweden need help!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you for the Starting Strength method. Before I found lowbar squats I couldn't even reach parallell.

I feel that something is off with my technique. It looks like I'm being too horizontal at the bottom, my hips are so far back it just looks weird and I sometimes get lower back pain.

Before I post my video I have to clarify some things:

1. I have read the book, searched the forums and watched the videos on the Starting Strength youtube channel.
    2. I live in Sweden and cannot attend a Starting Strength seminar. (If I ever visit the US, I will be sure to visit one though!)

The first video is of me doing 230lbs 3x5 filmed from the side, and the second video is filmed from the back:

3 november 2021 - YouTube

3 november 2021 - YouTube

I would really appreciate anyones help!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Kristofer

Your femurs are not particularly long, and there is nothing wrong with these squats. If anything, your knees could stand to be a little more forward, but you are certainly not too horizontal at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your femurs are not particularly long, and there is nothing wrong with these squats. If anything, your knees could stand to be a little more forward, but you are certainly not too horizontal at the bottom.
    Then I'll keep on squatting!

Thank you for your time!

Regards,
    Kristofer