starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all,

I would like form advice on both conventional and sumo DL. I wasn't able to get an exact front quarter camera setup due to the clutter in my garage. Instead I took videos from multiple angles performing the same set. I hope everything is clear to see.

For my conventional:
    Conventional Deadlift (Starting Strength Form Check) - YouTube

Note(s):
    *I have only recently made an effort to pull the slack out of the bar. I still feel that I am lacking leg drive though. It feels all lower back/hips. Is there anything I can do to get more out of the quads?

For my sumo:
    Sumo Deadlift (Starting Strength Form Check) - YouTube

Note(s):
    *Today was the first time I attempted to lifted sumo.

*I felt I could lift a lot more, but chose not to risk anything in case my form was bad.

*I found it hard to setup so the bar was scraping my shin. Actually the bar did not make hard contact with my legs during the reps. How should I rectify this issue for more efficient bar path?

*Having a closer sumo stance felt more comfortable for me.

Thank you.

You're set up too far away, so your hips are too low at the start. Move closer to the bar so your shins are about an inch away. The bar may be over the lace knots.
    Turn your toes out to about 15 degrees and push your knees out toward your elbows at the start of each rep.
    Need to get your eyes up and set your back and get the upper back set as well.
    Last edited by Pete Troupos; 11-03-2021 at 09:07 PM.