starting strength gym

Thread: OHP form check

Default OHP form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    3rd set. 100lbs x 5.

How's this camera angle? I guess I can ask somebody to hold my phone if we're missing details because of the height. I can also try pressing in front of the rack instead of inside of it so theres no obstructions.

Unrack with straight wrists and keep them straight. Elbows forward more too. But the main thing is that you are bending your knees. Squeeze your quads tight and keep the knees locked.

I kept the weight the same. My focus was on not bending the knees. The 2nd set felt too difficult to complete a 3rd set with so I reduced the weight slightly.

I narrowed my grip about two fingers.
    Could only do 5 / 4 / 4.
    Not sure what to say. I tried to do the 5th rep on set 2, wasn't happening..

Do I need to straighten my wrists still? Elbows forward enough?

Hey sorry about the 3 minute video last time. I pressed 3 times last week with 2.5lb jumps.

Here's the last set of the 3rd day, I only got 4 reps. My comments are that I cheated myself out of even trying the 5th rep because I jumped up at the start. Also that I look like I'm trying to drive my head through. And it looks like I'm trying to move the bar around my head.

Sorry. I didn't include the video. It's uploading now.

starting strength coach development program
    Hips don't move back at all, only forward. You reach the hips forward, creating a stretch reflex, and then Press. You were doing it correctly in the first video, just with a knee bend