starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DL form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Only trained 1x this week. 10 lb jump may have been too much.

The hips keep dropping, stretched out my poor posterior chain and felt like shit for a few days.

I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt the same weight or not next week. I might stop doing deadlifts because of this, and practice like RDLs and rows or something until I can get a coach. Or deload. Idk. As much as I don't wanna bitch out, I really wanna keep with the program... These are just really fucking me up man. I got a bad leg I need to fix, not destroy it more and my back with bad pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by megawax1 View Post
    Only trained 1x this week. 10 lb jump may have been too much. . . . I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt the same weight or not next week. I might stop doing deadlifts because of this, . . . Or deload . . . [etc.]
    Don't stop now that you are finally making progress!

(Also, 5 lb jumps only.)

Try these great articles from Coach Santana (and the accompanying forum threads), which helped me a lot:

Artificially Weak Deadlifts, Part 1: Perception vs Reality | Robert Santana

Artificially Weak Deadlifts, Part 2: The Arms | Robert Santana & Mark Rippetoe

I was incredibly happy with my last session. Pulled 305. It's starting to really make sense. The initial push just takes patience. The hips drop subconsciously for me out of impatience. Was so excited to share the footage.

No footage. I was robbed on the way home. I was hit in the head from behind on the walk home from the gym and they took my phone, wallet, and my backpack with the gym equipment. Not the best neighborhood, just grateful to still be alive. And feeling really dumb for not being more careful. I was crept upon by a homeless criminal and I had two or three chances to keep myself safe in retrospect.

I've got new stuff coming in the mail. Nobody will follow me around when I'm big and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by megawax1 View Post
    just grateful to still be alive.
    This is your problem. And the shithole in which you live.

starting strength coach development program
    Yea, I have to get out of here. I need to be a more driven individual. I shouldn't still be here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234