starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Squat Form Check - 2021-11-24 - LuckyLifting

Default Squat Form Check - 2021-11-24 - LuckyLifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, please see attached video of my squat and let me know if you feel I should improve. This is 260lbs and its my maximum completable weight right now.

I apologize if the video isnt perfect, I had to ask some girl in the gym to film me, it wasn't exactly a good scenario. My workout buddy ditched me because he "is busy with school".

Anyways on my last rep I feel as though my right knee caved in slightly.

The squeaking is the platform not my knees.

I am new to low bar.

currently on the Novice Phase 1

260lb squat 2021-11-24 - YouTube

Keep your head down. Don't look in the mirror. This will cause you to lift your chest on the way up.
    Slow down your descent

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Keep your head down. Don't look in the mirror. This will cause you to lift your chest on the way up.
    Slow down your descent
    Thanks for the reply, should I deload to implement changes, or continue my progression and implement?

No deload. These fixes are minor and your squats look good in general. It is time for a good belt though.

I have been having horrible mid/lower back pain that won’t go away. I’m not sure what’s causing it, but I feel like I’m doing a “good morning” on the way up in my squat and it’s straining the heck outta my back.

How do I fix this?

Also here’s another video of me squatting. One thing I’ve noticed is people always say u can do low bar without needing any flexibility in your ankles but u can see everytime I do a squat my knees tibia moves to an angle that is nowhere near vertical…am I doing something wrong? Is my stance too narrow?

You are nowhere near a good morning. On second glance it doesn't actually look like the bar is in the right spot. Needs to be lower on your back, in the ridge just below the spine of the scapula. Once you get it in the right place, focus on leaning over more and not letting your knees come forward

Todays lift:

Squats 240 2021-11-29 (miscount) - YouTube

This is my last set.

Sorry about the angle and I didn’t realize I only did 4 until I got home to upload this (yes I’m an idiot)
    I think my squats look better today not letting my knees go to far forwards but I’m getting an insane lower back pump from these and it’s really uncomfortable will this go away as I get stronger?

Thanks

Sorry to piggyback on my last post, I know the bar position looks wrong but I can assure you I took the extra time to make sure it’s in the right spot just under the spine of the scapula, which is a little deeper than I had it previously.

starting strength coach development program
    Continue to work on keeping your head down you can see the big difference when you allowed your head to rise in how much slower the bar moved versus when you kept it down. Also try not to fidget with your feet so much when you get set. As for the back pump, I am sure a belt would help this discomfort, but you should feel some pump in your back because of how the low bar squat works.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast