starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DL form check

Default DL form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    117.5Kg*5 - YouTube (1.5X speed)

My setup feels really tight for the first rep and it starts to feel less tighter as i progress through the set . Any pointers on how i can keep it tight throughout the whole set .
    Any critique on the form is much appreciated .

Thank you

Look at a single spot the entire time. Don't move your chin.

You're taking too long between reps. Just take a big breath, set your back, and push the floor away.

Why did you post this at 1.5x speed?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Look at a single spot the entire time. Don't move your chin.

You're taking too long between reps. Just take a big breath, set your back, and push the floor away.

Why did you post this at 1.5x speed?
    Roger that coach . I thought you guys must be busy folks so i'd save ya'll some precious seconds :3 . The original : DL 117.5kg*5 (original) - YouTube

Thank you very much

You're welcome. Post a video after your next workout with those changes. I'm curious about something.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

You're welcome. Post a video after your next workout with those changes. I'm curious about something.
    120Kg*5 - YouTube

I tried to keep my reps as fast as possible and to keep the eyes at one spot but mid set it feels like the bar is starting to drift away from mid foot and instinctively my eyes drift and tightness in the lower back disappears .

How tight would you say your belt is here? It appears to be too tight. You're not even really getting your back flat in the first place here.

How tight would you say your belt is here? It appears to be too tight. You're not even really getting your back flat in the first place here.
    This one felt a little tighter as you said .i'll drop it down one notch the next . if i don't make it tight it starts to slip down mid set so i ended up overcompensating here . i will fix this and try to implement the previous changes and post the video of my next workout here .

Out of interest, do you think the reason for the back not being flat in the first place is a flexibility issue or a set up issue?

I ask because his set up seems ok (to my unknowledgeable eyes) and he seems to be following the steps but there is still a slight round before he starts pull....really interested to understand how somebody goes about fixing this as I suffer from a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bing86 View Post
    Out of interest, do you think the reason for the back not being flat in the first place is a flexibility issue or a set up issue?

I ask because his set up seems ok (to my unknowledgeable eyes) and he seems to be following the steps but there is still a slight round before he starts pull....really interested to understand how somebody goes about fixing this as I suffer from a similar issue.
    If he can set his back when he start, but can't keep it flat off the ground, it's either a control or strength problem. It's usually a control problem unless the lifter has been lifting with a rounded back for a while and still adding weight.

starting strength coach development program
    Do you think if he loosened his belt a notch like he said, and focused on taking in bigger air and bracing into the belt that it would help?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast