starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Bar Path

Default Squat Bar Path

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, I took a video from a 90 degrees angle to test my bar path, I know it’s not the ideal angle to take but I have more videos if needed from different angles.
    The bar often tend to shift forward on the way down very close to bottom of the movement.
    Do you have any cue that I can use to fix it ?
    It’s 395 for a triple in the video.
    December 31, 2021 - YouTube

You need to set your knees earlier. You're mostly just bending at the hip right away. It needs to be hips and knees at the same time.

As for the bar path, I'm curious to see what the other side of the bar looks like. It's not uncommon for side views to look like this because the bar is twisting. So I'd want confirmation that the right side is not coming forward with the left side staying still or even moving back a little.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Thank you Andrew !
    I’ve just finished another Squat session and got more angles,

The other side view:
    January 4, 2022 - YouTube

30-45 degrees:

Back:

Look pretty symmetrical. These are definitely better and you can see the bar path is better. Some of the reps, you're still breaking at just the hips instead of the knees and hips at the same time, but there's definitely an improvement on other reps. Keep working on that and watch your videos between sets.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com