starting strength gym

Thread: First Workout 1/11/22 Form Check Request

Default First Workout 1/11/22 Form Check Request

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First workout, please provide the appropriate feedback, and thanks to all in advance for this resource.

I wanted to start my NLP on the right foot; and I’ll check back in, with additional Form Checks periodically.

Squat
    Squat 1/12 - YouTube

Press
    Press 1/12 - YouTube

Deadlift
    Deadlift 1/11 - YouTube

I'll take a stab at this, even though I'm not a coach.

Squat: Looks pretty good to me. My only concern is the floor mat. Is it stiff enough? Squishy floor mats are the lifter's natural enemy.

Press: Looked pretty good here too. I'd say maybe you can get a bit faster with the hip thrust. Also, the last two reps don't bounce out of the bottom on the hip movement. Take a look yourself, you can see the bar bounce on the first three, not on the last two.

Deadlift: I couldn't find anything wrong with this.

Was this really your first time doing these lifts or are you starting a new LP with prior experience?

DL - little things. Turn your toes out just a little more. Squeeze your chest up harder at the bottom. Remember the bottom position is supposed to be uncomfortable. Show your nipples to the wall in front of you

Thank you for your consideration.

It’s a Horse Stall Mat, so it should be adequate.

This is not my first time, I have attempted the LPs several times. I have worked with a Starting Strength coach for over half a dozen sessions back in 2016. He is no longer available, and I am unaware of any other SS coaches in San Diego, CA area.

But I wanted to become more ‘active’ on the SS forum and community anyway. I need to make it out to a Seminar sometime soon.

Thank you for your time. I will be sure to apply your recommendations, and follow up with another Video, after progressing a bit more on the LP.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
    Thank you for your consideration.

It’s a Horse Stall Mat, so it should be adequate.

This is not my first time, I have attempted the LPs several times. I have worked with a Starting Strength coach for over half a dozen sessions back in 2016. He is no longer available, and I am unaware of any other SS coaches in San Diego, CA area.

But I wanted to become more ‘active’ on the SS forum and community anyway. I need to make it out to a Seminar sometime soon.
    Yeah, I went into this thinking it would be interesting to see form checks from a complete first timer, and I was surprised to find someone who mostly looked like they already knew what they were doing.