starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - 155lbs.

Default Squat Form Check - 155lbs.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I started NLP about three weeks ago. Looking for advice on my squat technique. They feel okay but I’ve been trying to boing out of the bottom and driving my hips. I think I’ve read the squat chapter like three times so far trying to remember the cues.

My leather belt and shoes are on order and hopefully will be here this week. Thanks for any advice. I’ve gained about 2 pounds in BW a week so far. It’s also like 10 degrees F in my garage! Thanks.

January 24, 2022 - YouTube

Get your grip narrower. That's going to fix a lot of problem. Keep your pecs up tight AS you bend over.

I can't tell, but make sure you're looking at the ground about five feet in front of you. Don't look away.

This isn't a horrible squat though.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Get your grip narrower. That's going to fix a lot of problem. Keep your pecs up tight AS you bend over.

I can't tell, but make sure you're looking at the ground about five feet in front of you. Don't look away.

This isn't a horrible squat though.
    Andrew,

Thank you, I appreciate the comments. I am looking about 4-5 ft in front of me. I actually marked the ground. The narrower grip I will work on. My shoulders are not super flexible yet as I started the program with bent wrists and have since transitioned to the straight wrists and pinning it against my back. I will work on it. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Good luck.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrink View Post
    I started NLP about three weeks ago. Looking for advice on my squat technique. They feel okay but I’ve been trying to boing out of the bottom and driving my hips. I think I’ve read the squat chapter like three times so far trying to remember the cues.

My leather belt and shoes are on order and hopefully will be here this week. Thanks for any advice. I’ve gained about 2 pounds in BW a week so far. It’s also like 10 degrees F in my garage! Thanks.

January 24, 2022 - YouTube
    Just fixing my link here. For some reason it was broken from YouTube…didn’t want the video to be deleted. Consider the thread closed.

February 3, 2022 - YouTube