Default Power clean form check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry I forgot to post the video:
    135lb power clean 3/28/22 - YouTube
    135x5
    6'7" 205 lbs bodyweight.

You'd be better off to go back and review the 5 step deadlift setup on which the power clean is built. Narrow your stance and widen your grip. Take the time to actually get your back set.
    PCs are done for sets of three typically, not five.

Thanks

Here's my deadlift.

235x5 deadlift - YouTube

Please don't use YouTube "shorts" for form checks. It sucks because there's no way to pause or go back and you have to watch the whole thing through again to see one part.

You're set up with your hips too low and you're not setting your back at all. Start with the bar over midfoot and when you bring your shins to the bar, stop lowering your hips. Then take the time to get the back set by lifting the chest up and getting all of the slack out of the system before you break it off the ground.

Sorry, youtube did that automatically I don't know why. Thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate it. I'll work on setting my back. I think part of the problem is I'm not very strong. At lighter weights I felt like things were pretty tight but when the weight got heavier it all went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1983 View Post
    Sorry, youtube did that automatically I don't know why.
    Good grief, I hate them so much.

Look up how to valsalva properly. You're holding your breath in your cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1983 View Post
    Sorry, youtube did that automatically I don't know why. Thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate it. I'll work on setting my back. I think part of the problem is I'm not very strong. At lighter weights I felt like things were pretty tight but when the weight got heavier it all went to shit.
    The cue that helped me finally learn how to set my low back in the deadlift is to push my belly between my thighs. You can overdo this so it takes some practice and looking back at the video after each work set, to nail down the feel of this. To set the upper back what helped me is the SSC that said that you reverse shrug. Before and between each rep take a breath, then set your low back, reverse shrug while taking a big breathe for the valsalva. This will give you a little bar bend and then leg press the floor away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast