Thread: PC form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Town View Post
    Is this a power clean Rip?
    Yes, a shitty one, but a power clean.

wouldn't the full clean require more power because more weight can be used?
    On the other hand, that weight is travelling less than in a PC. So, in terms of total work (defined as force x displacement) the difference might not be that great. And, as power is defined as work divided by time, there might not be that much difference between the two.
    A snatch might be an even more powerful movement, as the (lighter) bar travels a lot, in a very short period of time.

Side note: on top of a clearly visible arm pull, there seems to be a pause after the bar reaches just over your knees; the overall result looks like a halting deadlift followed quickly by a hang clean. But the arm pull is more urgent to fix.

IPB

All of which was addressed in the book he did not read.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    On the other hand, that weight is travelling less than in a PC. So, in terms of total work (defined as force x displacement) the difference might not be that great. And, as power is defined as work divided by time, there might not be that much difference between the two.
    A snatch might be an even more powerful movement, as the (lighter) bar travels a lot, in a very short period of time.

Side note: on top of a clearly visible arm pull, there seems to be a pause after the bar reaches just over your knees; the overall result looks like a halting deadlift followed quickly by a hang clean. But the arm pull is more urgent to fix.

IPB
    Thanks so much for the feedback guys, really appreciate your time

Sorry Rip, my reading comprehension could use some improvement. Very blessed to have this forum.

Here's an updated to my shitty power clean, I've been really focusing on flexing the triceps to keep my arms straight. Did I succesfully achieve that?

PC

You really need some coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You really need some coaching.
    I would love to do the online coaching Rip. Only problem is that the Indonesian Rupiah when converted into USD is only but a fraction. It'll take time to save up.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's an updated to my shitty power clean
    I find it pretty surprising that you landed your feet and racked the bar properly while executing a full clean, but you can't do either while executing a power clean.
    Usually, the total includes the part, but here we seem to have a counterexample; you can do the full movement (pretty much), but not the partial.
    I think you should start fixing the rack position first, racking the bar with elbows up. This should un turn remove the need to limbo your body under the bar, which might help with the landing stance.

Hope this helps,

IPB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12