starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check 5/11/22

Default Deadlift form check 5/11/22

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Starting strength deadlift form review 5/11/22 - YouTube

(If you know how to over ride YouTube’s short thing, please let me know. I click upload as a normal video instead of a short, but it still does it as a short for me.)

So the biggest thing I wanted to work on was setting my back better. I am using the cue “nipples to forward gunning position” (or something like that mentioned in a recent article…)

The guy who recorded me says I need to pull my shoulder blades back together more and pull some of the slack out.

And I did not know this until today, but that platform actually puts you at a slight deficit due to it sinking the weight some. That platform is more for power cleans.

Hey Cody,

Slow everything down in your setup.

Be methodical with the set up process of steps.
    Disregard the advice to retract (squeeze) your shoulder blades together.
    DO work on the process of setting the back into extension.

Steve Ross, SSC just made a great video on this, take a look at spend time on just this step of the process in your warmups.

Then incorporate it into the complete set of steps and bring the bar up to lockout.
    Starting Strength Coaching in the UK.
    https://www.strengthrevolution.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Pekker_head View Post
    Starting strength deadlift form review 5/11/22 - YouTube

(If you know how to over ride YouTube’s short thing, please let me know. I click upload as a normal video instead of a short, but it still does it as a short for me.)
    If you have the free version of windows movie maker on your PC its super easy to fix. Just get the video on your PC and put it in movie maker. Edit nothing, and then save. The version that you save will upload to youtube in the regular format.