starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form

Default Squat Form

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey all. Trying to work through some technique issues. Never worked out with someone indoctrinated in to the system and never received any formal coaching, therefore it’s never been pointed out to me what right looks or feels like with regard to form other than my own reading and viewing, so I need some guidance. Could probably say that about all my big lifts but the squat is most important to me for now.

Garbage squat form critique - YouTube

Bar comes off the rack around 25 seconds in.

Self critique: bar maybe too high up on my back, causing my back angle to be too vertical. My squat just doesn’t FEEL efficient. Also think I may be a big high on these reps. I have been sick as a dog for about 10 days but this workout was my, “I’m not waiting another day to get better, I need a work out” effort. Was too gassed to attempt the 5th rep.

Lastly, understand my video angle is not optimal especially to see a few of the more important things, and not in accordance with the sticky post in that regard, will fix that in subsequent posts. Thanks in advance.

The bar may be too high but its tough to tell from this angle. If you feel it rolling up your back during the set then its too high. You are lifting your chest a little on the way up. Keep it down and think about driving your hips the whole way up. You would have got the 5th rep. If you are concerned about failing then Squat inside the rack and set the safeties