starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check j

Default Deadlift form check j

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    280x5
    deadlift 280x5 5/23/22 - YouTube
    Does this look ok? Nothing hurts so I think I'm in the ballpark. I think I could do a little better dragging the bar up my shins. A couple reps it loses contact. I can fix that.

What about my back angle? It's basically horizontal. I'm 6'7" so I'm really tall. Is this just my anthropometry or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

I can't tell from this angle if your low back is in good extension, but it doesn't look like it. The rest of the pull is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1983 View Post
    280x5
    deadlift 280x5 5/23/22 - YouTube
    Does this look ok? Nothing hurts so I think I'm in the ballpark. I think I could do a little better dragging the bar up my shins. A couple reps it loses contact. I can fix that.

What about my back angle? It's basically horizontal. I'm 6'7" so I'm really tall. Is this just my anthropometry or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Solid form from this angle, man!

deadlift 5/13/22 275 - YouTube
    Here's from the side. The pull starts at 0:45
    Yeah I don't think I'm getting good lumbar extension. I'll try to shove my belly between my thighs more and see if I can't get more of that hump out.

Fixing a Rounded Low Back in the Deadlift | Nick Delgadillo

It may just be it is what it is. I don't know if I can get my hands down to the bar with my back extended or fully extend my back while gripping the bar without dropping my hips. I'll work on it. I appreciate the feedback.

Hard to tell from here. Your lordotic curve doesn't increase much at the top of the pull, and you may just have a fairly straight lordosis. It happens. But you are on your toes too much when you start the pull. And please be quiet -- we know the setup.

starting strength coach development program
    My greatest fear is that you will accuse me of not having read the book.