starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check j

Default Squat form check j

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I tweaked my back walking the bar out of the rack yesterday. I should have kept my low back tight the whole time instead of tightening up under a load before i squatted down. It was my fault.

low back tweak - YouTube

You can't really see it but something moved about 2 seconds before i go to squat. I still managed my last work set after that.

squat 6/1/22 200x5 - YouTube

(This video includes the previous work set also. I spliced them together so youtube didn't make it a "short".)

I think I've basically got it. I'm coaching myself and have had to correct literally every single problem under "The Important Things You're Going To Do Wrong" section over the last couple months. I think I'll get it though. The "master cue" still hasn't clicked and I still have trouble getting and keeping my lumbar spine in extension but I think both of those will come with a little more practice.

Let me know if you guys see anything wrong. I'm going to lay here and stare at the ceiling for a couple days.

These vids are just the walkouts, no squatting

The second link "squat 6/1/22 200x5 -youtube" is the squats.

Here it is if that link didnt work:
    squat 6/1/22 200x5 - YouTube

I don't see anything that would have hurt your back, and they look fine to me. But you can't always see the error.